Stephanie Miner is bringing economic accountability back to New York.
12 billion a year is going to economic state programs that do not address the needs of the community.
- Re-examine the Public Meetings Law to strengthen its application of an open process. We need to stop the closed-door, back-room approach to budget negotiations.
- Require all contracts for goods or services be subject to open competitive bidding with approval and oversight by the State Comptroller.
- Require the legislature to conduct the budget process in a timely manner.
- Enforce the penalties that currently exist to withhold legislative salaries without the prospect of retroactive payment in the event the budget deadline is not met. Timeliness, transparency, and effective policy-making should not be mutually exclusive achievements.
- Takeover the local share of Medicaid payments and insist the savings gets passed onto property tax payers. When accomplished, this will soften the detrimental impact brought on by the federal decision to do-away with the deductibility of state and local property taxes.
Each of us has a role to play in solving New York's most pressing challenges and issues. Your donations will help strengthen and unify New York and ensure the needs and voices of all New Yorkers are heard loud and clear.